Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A New Day, A New Skin

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
His mercies NEVER come to an end;
they are NEW each and EVERY morning;
THANK YOU LORD!!!! Great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23 (emphasis added)

Whew, what a new day. It has been an amazing week since I found my blogspot email. I've been feeling the need to publicly write. It has been a crazy week but something has come out of it.

THIS WEEK, I bore my soul in front of my classmates and my friends. And I'm not done yet, I am a work in progress. Funny thing this morning is I heard a song on the radio, and I really didn't want to listen to the radio, and I was flipping through the channels. I finally just stopped and heard this song by Brandon Heath.

"There is hope, for me yet Because God won't forget All the plans he's made for meI have to wait and see He's not finished with me yet He's not finished with me yet."

*sigh* this is what I am really feeling, I was feeling this pressure to be complete, and be done. But as God has shown me, there is never just one goal to achieve. I used to think that once I achieved this one goal in life, that I was done. And now that I see that, it is kinda crazy, because if I achieve one goal, and i'm only meant for one goal and ONCE that goal is achieved, then my purpose is over.

But I realize, that this is NOT the way things work. In your body, your skin shed daily. WHY??? Because they have served their purpose, so it is time for them to slough off and for other ones to do their magic!!!
That is what life is like, you reach a point, and YAY!!! You have achieved it!!! NEXT POINT!!! and then you reach that point, again. THEN it is the same cycle over and over again. God is like that "The MASTER EXFOLIATOR". Once we reach the point of one skin pieces of our epidermis, and it's job is done, then we allow the underskin to replace the newer pieces of our epidermis to come to the top and shine and complete its purpose. Then, it will be time for the cycle to repeat itself after it has completed its purpose.

From my Anatomy and Physiology Class (I took in the 11th grade!!) I remember that skin, well atleast the epidermis, grows from the bottom up, meaning that like hair all of the "new growth" is not is what's seen. The "new growth" is the healthiest, the strongest, and the best fit for the new day. God works like this, every morining without fail, His mercies are brand new EACH MORNING. It makes me think of cereal, if every morning we wake up and there was a bowl of ceral there for our eating no questions asked. But then as time goes on and we realize its the same bowl, with the same milk and the same exact ceral, not to mention that its all getting old. What would happen, especially if you ate it all on the first day, you are all out!! The best part about God is when you wake up in the morning, there is a fresh bowl, with fresh milk and with right amount of ceral for that day and the best kind for the journey ahead. That is how God is .

Hey wakes you up and prepares you for the day with a new bowl of mercy each morning. Just right for the situation you are going through and just right for strength you are going to need for the day.

I'm glad I don't have to live on one days mercy for all my life....that's alot of rationing.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment